a4S AUTOMATIC ROLL
Is manual sealing and peeling of your microplates limiting your throughput?
The perfect solution for automated heat sealing of microplates, PCR plates, assay plates and storage plates used in medium to high-throughput or full automation applications
Unrivalled sealing performance and consistency.
The main advantage of the a4S is that it does not require an air supply, which gives it the flexibility to be used on standard lab benches as a stand-alone unit, or integrated within a robotic set‑up. The sealer’s rapid heating element enables a fast start-up, and the stand-by function saves energy when the unit is not in use.
The a4S sealer is compatible with a wide range of SBS footprint plates, including all PCR plate formats from 96 well to 1536 well, assay plates, deep well storage plates and microplates. Varying plate heights, from 3 mm to 60 mm can be accommodated with minimal adjustments of the instrument. Plates are presented in portrait format and the plate position on the shuttle allows good access for robotic integration.
Rolls with a width of between 75-85 mm can be loaded in either of two roll positions, depending on roll length and available space, enabling the entire instrument to fit under the gantree of most liquid handling robots.
The width and length of the applied seals are set to precisely cover an SBS footprint plate without interfering with plate stacking. The seal position can be adjusted to give an overhang at one end of the plate to facilitate ease of seal removal.
|a4S Automatic Roll Heat Sealer|
|4ti-0665||Includes: universal power supply, power cord, plate support adapters A (4ti-0665-2) and B (4ti-0665-3), 24 month parts and labour warranty||1|
|4ti-0665-1*||a4S Seal Loading Tool||1|
|4ti-0665-2*||a4S Plate Support Adapter A||1|
|4ti-0665-3*||a4S Plate Support Adapter B||1|
|4ti-0665-4*||a4S Roll Holder Set; includes spindle, clamping wheels, locking nuts, O-rings||1|
|4ti-0665-5*||a4S Vacuum Cups, Front; clear, set of 2||2|
|4ti-0665-6*||a4S Vacuum Cups, Back; black, set of 2||2|
|4ti-0665-8||a4S Clear Plastic Roll Dust Cover; Please Note: only applicable for smaller rolls (product code 4ti-xxxx/80, /100, /122)||1|
|4ti-0665-41||SiLA driver for a4S heat sealer||1 License|
|4ti-0665-11||Warranty extension, third year (36 months total)||1|
|4ti-0665-12||Warranty extension, third and fourth year (48 months total)||1|
|4ti-0665-113||Warranty extension, fourth year||1|
*These items are included with the a4S heat sealer (Code 4ti-0665)
– No need for compressed air – Installation is fast and flexible
– 2 positions for different roll sizes – Increased flexibility
– Optional roll cover – Seal protection for sensitive applications
– Colour touch screen with intuitive user interface – Ease of use
– Unlimited password protected protocols – 3 security levels save personalised and SOP set temperatures and times
– Rapid heating – Fast start up time, block uniformity is maintained to ± 1 °C
– Variable time/temperature controls – Adjustment of time and temperature settings enables the perfect seal to be established for any sealer friendly, high-quality plate type, e.g. all 4titude® plates
– Up to 5,000 seals without manual intervention – True walk-away-system
– Reproducible sealing – Fixed pressure and accurate time and temperature controls ensure consistent sealing
– High sealing pressure – Improved seal uniformity on the widest range of plates
– Sealing cycle time of less than 15 sec – Time saving
– Compatible with a wide range of plate types, from racked tubes to 1536 well PCR plates – Highest flexibility
– Flexibility of seal material choice – 4titude® offers a wide range of sealing materials, with a variety of properties for use with the a4S
– Compatible with gas permeable heat seals – No instrument modification necessary for maximum convenience
– Competitive pricing – Save money without compromises
– Auto standby mode – Saves energy and prolongs component life
– 2 year warranty on parts and labour
– Extended warranty and service contracts available – For peace of mind
Plug and Play Robotic Integration
All 4titude® instruments are compliant with SiLA standards for rapid integration of automated systems (www.sila-standard.org). This means they can be “plug and play” connected with other instruments, such as readers, robotic arms and liquid handlers, to give a custom automated system without the need to write expensive custom drivers. The a4S heat sealer is extremely versatile leaving you the freedom to expand and configure your systems such as adding robotic plate handling.
– Full communication protocol available – Operate the instrument and record sealing conditions for each seal using the RS232 communication port
– SiLA compatible – Quick and easy integration with other SiLA compliant devices using the SiLA driver (available at extra cost, please see ordering information).
4titude® a4S Automatic Roll Heat Sealer Introduction Video
4titude® a4S Automatic Roll Heat Sealer Documents
Heat sealing is the gold standard method for plate sealing. Not only does it minimise sample loss but also maximises sample security for PCR, qPCR, storage, and other applications.
qPCR – Reduce evaporation and save money
The optimised sealing performance of the a4S heat sealer prevents reagent volume loss by evaporation.
Up to a fivefold reduction in the costs of sealing can be achieved when heat sealing with the a4S compared to using caps or adhesive seals – Reliable qPCR results and significant reagent savings.
– Clear Heat Seal (4ti-0540) and Clear Weld Heat Seal Mark 2 (4ti-0573) are widely used for qPCR
– Clear Weld Heat Seal Mark 2 is particularly designed for Hydrocyclers
Sample Storage – Strongest resistance against organic solvents
Essential requirements for long-term storage include maintaining sample integrity and minimising the risks of sample degradation.
– e.g. Foil Heat Seal (4ti-0535), Pierce Heat Seal (4ti-0530), and DMSO Resistant Peel Heat Seal (4ti-0585) – These seals when applied using the a4S heat sealer demonstrate the highest performance in compound storage, drug screening and subsequent sample retrieval.
– DMSO Resistant Peel Heat Seal – The first 100% DMSO resistant seal. Pure DMSO can be stored at room temperature for 12 months with this seal with no deterioration of the seal quality.