For Easy Sample Tracking
Designed to directly print text, linear barcodes, 2D codes and graphics on tubes using patent pending Thermal Pixel Printing technology.
Designed to directly print text, linear barcodes, 2D codes and graphics on plastic laboratory tubes using patent pending Thermal Pixel Printing technology.
The TubeMarker™ 2 allows printing directly onto the surface of plastic laboratory tubes between 6 mm – 30 mm in diameter.
There is no need for using labels or marker pens. Marking is resistant to ethanol, isopropanol, water, DMSO*, liquid nitrogen and mechanical abrasion. The prints are also stable over a wide temperature range (-196 °C to 100 °C). Markings do not transfer when touching the tubes.
Several lines of text can be printed, for example: sample name, sampling site, your name, date and time etc. All TrueType fonts available on the connected computer can be printed in a range of different sizes, which determines the maximum printable content. Bold and italic type is also available.
The instrument can also print linear barcodes, datamatrix (2D) codes and graphic files (monochrome .bmp, .gif or .tiff) such as logos. Print orientation can be vertical or horizontal (except for barcodes which print vertically only).
The TubeMarker™ 2 includes an Automatic Printing Delay feature, where the instrument is able to detect the presence of a tube and automatically prints the next label entry in the software. This feature makes printing to the tube surface much easier and faster than marking by hand.
|4ti-0680-1||Includes: 4 tube adapters (4ti-0681, 4ti-0682, 4ti-0683 and 4ti-0684), AC adapter 18 W 18 VDC (input 100-240 VAC), USB A-B cable, operation manual, TubeMarker™ 2 software (on USB-Stick), 12 months warranty||1|
|4ti-0681*||Tube Adapter for 1.5 ml/2 ml tubes, hole diameter 11.5 mm||1|
|4ti-0682*||Tube Adapter for 0.5 ml tubes, hole diameter 8.5 mm||1|
|4ti-0683*||Tube Adapter for 2D cluster tubes, hole diameter 8.5 mm||1|
|4ti-0684*||Tube Adapter for cryo tubes, hole diameter 12.7 mm||1|
|4ti-0685-1||Tube Adapter for 2 ml screw cap tubes, hole diameter 10.4 mm||1|
|4ti-0685-2||Tube Adapter for 15 ml tubes, hole diameter 18 mm||1|
|4ti-0685-3||Tube Adapter for 50 ml tubes, hole diameter 30 mm||1|
|4ti-0685-4||Tube Adapter for Matrix tubes, hole diameter 8.2 mm||1|
|4ti-0685-5||Tube Adapter for 0.2 ml tubes, hole diameter 6.4 mm||1|
|4ti-0686||TubeMarker™ Ribbon, metallic blue, 300 M x 40 mm||1 roll|
|4ti-0688||TubeMarker™ Ribbon, white, 300 M x 40 mm||1 roll|
|4ti-0689||TubeMarker™ Ribbon, black, 300 M x 40 mm||1 roll|
|4ti-0680-11||Warranty extension, second year||1|
|4ti-0680-12||Warranty extension, second and third year||1|
|4ti-0680-113||Warranty extension, third year||1|
– Prints directly on the surface of plastic laboratory tubes – labels and stickers are not required
– Most 0.2 ml – 50 ml volume tubes with a smooth surface can be used
– Both vertical and horizontal markings are producible
– Prints text, linear barcodes, datamatrix (2D) codes and graphic files (monochrome .bmp, .gif or .tiff) such as logos
– Automatic Printing Delay for increased throughput and easier functionality
– Labels printed in seconds
– Easy import of data from Microsoft® Excel such as .xls, .xlsx and .csv files
– Optimised tube settings can be saved for future reference
– Adjustable tube support platform for tubes without a lip / collar or for altering the label position
– Adjustable sled pivot point improves overall print quality for larger labels and tubes
– Clearer and more durable marking compared to marker pen
– Marking is resistant to ethanol (70%), isopropanol (70%), methanol (>98.5%), DMSO*, pure haematoxylin, liquid nitrogen, water and mechanical abrasion**
– Marking is temperature resistant up to 100 °C and down to -196 °C (liquid nitrogen)
– Patent pending Thermal Pixel Printing technology
– A 300 m ink ribbon can be used to mark up to 100,000 tubes*** – competitive “per mark” cost
– Black, white and metallic blue ink ribbons are available for clear printing on all tube colours and tubes with dark coloured content
– Changing the ink ribbon is quick and easy
– Multiple adapters are available to accommodate a wide range of tubes on the market
* The blue ribbon is resistant to 70% DMSO, the black and white ribbons are 100% DMSO resistant.
** Marking is not resistant to Xylene and moderately resistant to Acetone.
*** Depending on horizontal dimensions of the print. E.g. when printing a 6 x 6 mm 2D code, one ribbon is sufficient for 50,000 prints.
TubeMarker™ 2 Introduction
TubeMarker™ – How to Scan Barcodes
TubeMarker™ – How to Insert a Ribbon
TubeMarker™ – How to Print on Frosted Tubes
TubeMarker™ – How to Print on Frozen Tubes
Our Quick Guide to the TubeMarker™